Maricopa Corporate College is looking for accomplished software developers who have a passion for sharing their knowledge and expertise to join our team of technical instructors for our new Application Support Management training program. You will have the opportunity to play an important role in helping dedicated and passionate individuals to acquire technical skills and transition to new careers, leaving a lasting impact in their lives and a personally rewarding experience for you.
The following technical experience is required for our instructor:
- 5+ years’ experience developing and troubleshooting software systems using Java or C# programming languages and Oracle DB products.
- Experience with Spring MVC, JDBC, JSP and Servlets or .net, ado.net technologies.
- Knowledge of SDLC/Agile methodologies, requirements gathering, project tools (JIRA) or TFS (Microsoft Team Foundation Server)
- Familiar with ITSM software (Service Now) and the ITIL framework to facilitate Problem and Change management methods.
Also, the instructor should be able to:
- Enhance and illustrate course material with appropriate analogies, real-world examples, and case studies.
- Facilitate a problem-solving mindset in the participants.
- Explain and model the qualities of a professional software developer.
- Have high empathy, patience, and ability to encourage students who are struggling, provide additional challenges to students who are excelling, and always provide and encourage open and honest communication.
- Prior teaching or mentoring experience is highly desired.
- Prepare curriculum materials for the course
- Track participant progress throughout the program duration and provide progress reports
- Participate in interview and selection of participants for the Application Support Training Program
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.